View the recordings of Portland Workforce Alliance's spring virtual Career Talks and other events.
Past sessions - watch the recording
- PWA Career Insights into Health Care (May 11) Professionals from Kaiser Permanente and Multnomah County talk about health care as a calling.
- PWA Career Insights into Engineering with Nike (May 12) How Nike engineers use their skills to make protective gear (PPE) for health workers.
- PWA Career Insights into Entrepreneurship for Social Good (May 13) Learn from an architect and mathematician about making social justice part of your life's work.
- PWA Virtual Career Talk with Wieden+Kennedy (May 14) Get a glimpse of what it's like to work at Portland-based Wieden+Kennedy, one of the world's top advertising agencies. Guests share about creating original content and adapting to changes in the workplace. In this industry, resilience and creativity are key!
- PWA Career Talk: Oregon Humane Society on Careers in Animal Care (May 20) Learn about careers within animal shelters including veterinarian, technologists, communication specialists, and volunteer coordination.
- PWA Virtual Eco-Career Day (May 21) Do you love the outdoors and the environment? Learn about careers in conservation and resource management from the City of Gresham, Northwest Youth Corps, and others! Suggested activities included.
- How to Thrive in Any Job Market (May 21) Join HR professional Sara Stowe, a hiring/recruiting expert and longtime member of the Portland HR Management Association, for tips on getting job-ready and building on your existing skills and strengths during this challenging time. Find info about current job opportunities here.
- How We Got Started in the Creative Industry (May 27) Join two young professionals who work at Swift, a Portland digital creative agency with clients such as Gatorade, Google and Paypal. Nakita Simpson, a junior art director, and Julius Im, a junior writer, will share what their jobs are like and how they got started. Bring your questions!
- Behind the Scenes with the Portland Trail Blazers (May 28) Hear from Willen Sin, manager of Game Operations & Events, about creating the "fan experience" for Blazers games and other events. Hear from Horacio Peña, who started as an intern in brand development last season and hired permanently this season. Bring your questions!
PWA Virtual Career Talks: Spring Programming for Students