We get it, teachers. You’re slammed during the school year and have minimal spare time. With that in mind, here’s a list of Expo resources to help get your students excited and prepared. We’ll be updating this blog post regularly as the event draws near.
Step 1: Register your students.
Our school registration page has information about the 12th annual NW Youth Careers Expo, including mock interviews and bus logistics.
Step 2: Get ready.
These resources can help you – and your students – prepare for the Expo.
- NEW! The 2016 Expo Resource Guide, which includes a map of the Expo floor and a directory of exhibitors.
- Teacher packet (pdf) or (doc): The 2016 NW Youth Careers Expo Teacher Packet. The pdf version can be filled out electronically, while the doc version is easy to edit and rearrange.
- List of exhibitors: See the participating employers, colleges and apprenticeship centers at this year’s Expo.
- Industry spotlights: Our exhibitor page also has printable color flyers highlighting high-interest areas including technology, health care, construction & design, manufacturing and creative careers. It also has links to blog posts giving detailed information about exhibitors in four specialty areas.
- Tips for students: Student-centered advice for making the most of the Expo experience.
- Mock interviews: Learn more about the mock interviews at the Expo, as well as the mini-sessions on resume writing and interviewing essentials.
- Expo poster: An 11”x17” color poster for your bulletin board: 7 things to Love about the Expo
- Expo handout: An 8”x11” color handout: 7 things to Love about the Expo
- Student-prep video: “5 Tips for a Great Expo” (50 seconds)
- Student-prep video 2: Fun montage of footage from the Expo floor (2 minutes)
Step 3: Go!
Enjoy the day with your students, and thank you for supporting their career exploration.