Calling all Expo exhibitors: If you have internships, jobs or volunteer opportunities for high school students, now is the time to tell us!
We want to spark interest in your company and drive students to your booth at the 12th annual NW Youth Careers Expo on Feb. 24 by telling teachers and students prior to the event about your career-related learning opportunities for high school students, including internships, jobs, job shadows, mentorships or volunteer options.
A number of Expo exhibitors have high school internships, such as CDK Global, Kaiser Permanente and the Port of Portland, pictured above at the 2015 Expo. Do you? Send a quick email this week to our program development manager, Chelsea Haring (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please either briefly describe the opportunity (including any links) or simply ask her to follow up with you.
About 6,500 high school students and 130+ exhibitors from Oregon and Southwest Washington have already signed up for this statewide career-exploration event. Employers use the Expo to connect with these smart, diverse young people who could be their future interns, applicants and leaders.
Meanwhile, be sure to check out PWA’s website for more exhibitor information. You will find:
• Advice from fellow employers on putting together a great exhibit
• See who else is particpating
• See a photo gallery of exhibits from the 2015 Expo
• How to register if you haven’t yet
You can also:
• Register for the PWA Breakfast on Expo morning.
• See which schools are coming to the Expo
• See our early 2016 sponsors
• Learn more about the nonprofit PWA and its year-round work