Are you a high school student interested in a career in the health care industry? Do you want to earn money while gaining exposure to Kaiser Permanente’s integrated healthcare system?
KP YEAH!, Kaiser Permanente’s Youth Exploration Academy in Healthcare, is a paid four week interactive exploration program for high school students. Students interested in direct patient care careers (i.e. doctor, nurse, physical therapist, pharmacy technician, dentist, surgeon, etc.) or administrative careers (i.e. human resources, information technology, marketing, data analytics, law, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
The program is not a working internship, but rather, an exploration academy where students are guided into learning more about different parts of the healthcare system. There will be panel discussions, facility tours, hands-on activities and a lot of time to work on a final group project.
There is an $800 stipend associated with the program that students receive a week after completing the program if they have followed the attendance policy (no more than two unexcused absences).
Applications open December 16, 2019 and close on January 31, 2020. Interviews will be part of the final selection process. Applicants will be notified of their status in March 2020.
- Dates: July 1 – July 27, 2020 (with graduation on July 27)
- Location: Kaiser Permanente Building – 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland, OR (Students must be able to meet at this location for the duration of the program)
Criteria for participation:
- Be a high school senior in fall 2020 or graduation class of 2020
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (weighted)
- Have an interest in the healthcare field
- Reside and attend a school in the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area
- Complete KP YEAH! Program Application (available between December 16, 2019–January 31, 2020)
Interested? Complete an interest form here. Please note that this program application shares the same portal as the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare Careers Scholarship program, however, students will need to apply for each program if they are interested.
Questions? Contact Staci DeLeon-Davis, Diverse Talent Consultant, at KPYEAH@kp.org or 503.813.4683