The Portland Workforce Alliance is an independent non-profit organization registered as a 501(c)(3) under the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions to PWA are tax deductible.
Our expense budget for 2019-20 is about $430,000. The majority of this revenue comes from the private sector through the generous support of the business community and foundations. These funds support a small staff that organizes businesses and education partnerships such as the NW Youth Careers Expo, career days, industry tours and mentorship programs for Portland-metro high school students.
In addition, PWA has contracts with Portland Public Schools, Parkrose School District, North Clackamas School District, Reynolds School District, and Gresham-Barlow School District to support specific programs and opportunities for their students and educators.
PWA benefits from the support of grantmakers and foundations that share our mission. Over the last several years, we've received funding from the following organizations:
- Oregon Community Foundation
- John and Ginger Niemeyer Foundation
- Jim and Diana Murphy Fund
- Robert D. And Marcia H. Randall Charitable Trust
- Legacy Health Community Health Grant
- Kaiser Employee Gives
- Juan Young Trust
- James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation
- Hoover Family Foundation
- The Autzen Foundation
- MDU Resources Foundation
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Associated General Contractors
- Pacific Power Foundation
- First Tech Community Grant
- Nike Community Impact Fund
- Lamb Foundation
Donate today! Our website makes online giving easy. For those who prefer to write checks, our mailing address is: PO Box 14337, Portland, OR 97293
Contact Executive Director Susan Nielsen for additional information. Thank you for your generosity.
For more information about our finances:
- Request our Form 990 for review.
- View a breakdown of our 2019-20 revenue and expenses below: