Download our 2019-20 Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Girls in Tech at Zapproved
December 10, 2019 | 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
PORTLAND WORKFORCE ALLIANCE + TECH TOWN PDX present Part 2 of the Girls in Tech Career Day series!
Career Day Information
Join us for the second part of the Girls in Tech Career Day series! Missed the first one? No problem! Learn about careers in technology and hear from caring professionals about community and opportunity in the tech industry with the nonprofit Portland Workforce Alliance!
- Meet inspiring women from several of Portland’s most exciting companies, including Zapproved, Vacasa, Alchemy, Learning.com, and Simple.
- Discuss with professionals of color about community and representation in the tech industry.
- Learn about opportunities, networks, and resources to support girls and people of color to consider careers in tech.
- Go behind-the-scenes at two tech companies. Enjoy a hands-on activity and small-group interactions.
- Get career advice from leading recruiters.
- Hear from a diverse range of speakers.
Check-in & Eligibility
Check-in at 9:00 am. Program starts promptly at 9:15 am and ends at 1 pm. Lunch is included. Open to high school students from PWA's partner school districts. Limited space may be available for tri-county school districts.
Though this event is intended to highlight opportunities for young women and people of color in the tech industry, all students are welcome, regardless of gender, gender identity or racial/ethnic background.
Dress to impress! Business casual attire is best. No shorts, sweatpants, crop tops, hats, t-shirts with objectionable logos/graphics or gum. Nice, clean jeans are ok.
Download the printable flyer here.
Portland Public Schools: Talk to your career counselor.
Parkrose School District: Fill out this Permission Form and turn in completed form to the College & Career Center and await confirmation.
Registration closes: When filled. Seats fill fast! Sign up today.
Students from other school districts are welcome when space permits. Join our waiting list by filling out this Permission Form. Email forms (via scan or photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org and await confirmation.