2019 Mock Interview Schedule
About 150 HR professionals offer mock job interviews for high school students at the annual NW Youth Careers Expo. These volunteers offer positive, constructive feedback that will help students for their next “real” interview for a job or college admission. Volunteers also hold 20-minute Career Talks.
- 9 am to 1:30 pm | Each interview takes approximately 15 min
One-on-one feedback from a caring HR volunteer. Bring your resume! Students will receive Certificates of Completion.
Preliminary "Career Talks" Schedule
Each Career Talk is about 20 minutes long. Students will receive Certificates of Completion. Schedule will be finalized in January 2019.
- "How to Ace Your Job Interview" (9:30 am, 11 am, 12:30 pm)
What employers ask, how to prepare for an interview, how to follow up.
- "How To Land A Summer Job" (10 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm)
Advice about resumes, networking and interviewing.
- "Build an Outstanding Resume" (10:30 am, noon)
Advice about presenting your best self with an eye-catching, professional resume.
- "Uncover Hidden, High-Paying Jobs" (10 am, noon)
Presented by Worksource
- "Tech Careers: Q&A with the Pros" (10:30 am, 11:30 am)