Download our 2018-19 Events Calendar
ACE Mentor Program: First Meetings
January 8, 2019 | 4:30 pm - January 10, 2019 | 6:30 pm
Tuesday, January 8 & Thursday, January 10 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Portland’s ACE program runs from January to May every year. Students are placed on a Tuesday or Thursday team with:
- 10-15 students from different high schools
- 7-10 mentors from a mix of architecture, construction, &engineering firms.
- Teams meet 12 times (once a week or once every two weeks) from 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Light meals are served at each meeting and supplies are provided.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from meetings.
Meetings are held in downtown Portland at ACE mentors’ offices and job sites. Students have the opportunity to visit multiple professional workplaces, learn how to network, and explore career paths within the ACE industry.
2019 Team Project
Teams design a building together, and students present their projects to a large audience at the program finale in May.
In 2018, twelve teams designed a flexible “pop up concept” in the post office site in NW Portland. Students were asked to consider pedestrian flow, noise from traffic, and how the site could interact with the neighborhood and existing surroundings. Teams were also asked to focus on at least one main element of sustainability.
Stay tuned for more details on the 2019 Project.